stabilizing a scientific-healthy educational system. Previous findings of studies made in this area are also in
conformity with the results of the present survey.
In future researches, obstacles of using modern education-nutritional tools and also cognitive and
emotional consequences of using remote education system can be examined. As a consequence, implementation
of the self-report questionnaire, which was limited to managers and educational employees of elementary
schools, should be under consideration.
The authors are grateful to all school principals participated in this survey and also to managers of
selected school of Razan city, Iran for his valuable support related to the current study.
All authors contributed equally to this work.
The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
1. Mokdad AH, Serdula MK and Dietz WH. 2000. The Continuing epidemic of obesity in United States. J. Am. Med. Assoc.,
2. The WHO fact sheets No 311: obesity and overweight. Geneva: world health organization. Sept. 2006.
3. Azizi F, Allahverdian S, Mirmiran P, Rahmani M and Mohammadi F. 2001. Dietary factors and body mass index in a
group of Iranian adolescents: Tehran lipid and glucose study 2. Int. J. Vita. Nutr. Res., 71:123-7.
4. Azizi F, Rahmani M, Madjid M, Allahverdian S, Ghanbili J. and Ghanbarian A. 2001. Serum levels in an Iranian
population of children and adolescents: Tehran lipid and glucose study. Eur. J. Epidemiol., 17:281-8.
5. Cox WM, Fadardi JS and Pothos EM. 2006. The addiction-Stroop test: theoretical considerations and procedural
recommendations. Psychol. Bulletin., 132, 443–476.
6. Mei Z, Grummer-Strawn LM, Pietrobelli A. Goulding A. Goran MI and Dietz WH. 2002. Validity of body mass index
compared with other body-composition screening indexes for the assessment of body fatness in children and
adolescents. Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 7597–985.
7. Callee EE, Thun MJ and Petrelli JM. 1999. Body-mass index and mortality in a prospective cohort of U.S. adults. New
England J. Med., 341, 1097–1105.
8. Pothos EM, Calitri R, Tapper K, Brunstrom JM and Rogers PJ. 2008. Comparing measures of attentional bias relating
to eating behavior. Appl. Cognitive Psychol., 22, 1–17.
9. Braet C and Van Strien T. 1997. Assessment of emotional externally induced and restrained eating behaviour in nine to
twelve-year-old obese and non-obese children. Behavior Res. Therapy, 35, 863–873.
10. Van Strien T, Herman CP and Verheijden MW. 2009. Eating style, overeating, and overweight in a representative
Dutch sample: does external eating play a role? Appetite, 52, 380–387.
11. Azadbakht L, Mirmiran P. Momenan AA and Azizi F. 2001. Assessment knowledge, attitude and practice of guidance
and high school students in district 13 of Tehran about healthy nutrition, (Persian) Journal of Endocrinology and
Metabolism, 2004, Shahid Beheshti Medical Sciences University, the fifth year. 4, 416-409.
12. Mohammadi F, Mirmiran F, Bayegi F, and Azizi F. 2000. Correlation between knowledge, attitude and practice of
feeding the inhabitants of district 13 of Tehran with major non-communicable disease risk factors: the Tehran Lipid
and Glucose Study (Persian). Research in Medicine, Year 26, Appendix 3 (Abstracts of First Congress of Prevention p.
13. Kline P. 1993. The handbook of psychological testing.London: Routledge, p. 26-8.
14. Sadrzadeh Yeganeh H, AlaviNaeini A and Dorosti Motlagh A. 2005. Correlation between Obesity and feeding behavior
in high school girls in Kerman, Quarterly Payesh, sixth year, No. III, pp 199-193.
15. Buttriss JL. 1997. Foodand nutrition: attitudes, beliefs and knowledge in the United Kingdom. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 65
16. Henmingsson E, Ekelund U. 2007. Is the association between physical activity and body mass index obesity
dependent? Int J Obes, 31: 663- 668.
17. Metallinos-Katsaras SE, Freedson SP, Fulton EJ and Sherry B. 2007. The association between an objective measure of
physical activity and weight status in preschoolers. Obes., 15: 686-694.
To cite this paper: Yousefi M and Yousefi Z. 2019. Impact of school meals’ type and time on children's food consumption, physical and behavioral activities. J. Life